- 2-Day Clinical: This training is available to providers who want to observe the measure and familiarize themselves with how the measure is used and scored. This training is often provided for large groups.
- 2-Day Hands-On Training (also considered for scoring reliability): This training is provided to small groups who have either attended a clinical training or who have observed and practiced administration of the ADOS-2 and wish to obtain further training to ensure the fidelity of their administration and the reliability of their coding.
- 4-Day Training combines the 2-Day Clinical and 2-Day Hands-On training.
COURSE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Participants will be able to:
- Learn the essential features, the advantages, and disadvantages of the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) as a measure of social communication and behavior.
- Identify the variables that need to be considered in determining which module of the ADOS-2 to use: mental age, chronological age, and expressive language abilities.
- Learn the purpose and the focus of observation for each of the tasks within each of the four modules.
- Learn how the qualitative information obtained through ADOS-2 administration (child’s language and communication, reciprocal social interaction, play, repetitive behaviors, and restricted interests) is quantified for ADOS-2 scoring.
Please contact Dr. Cronin to discuss your site or agency’s training needs.