Process will vary depending on program evaluation needs:
- Parent interviews to review concerns about your child’s education and development or behavior.
- Child psychological assessment to evaluate a child’s strengths and challenges.
- Review of records to compare assessment results with your child’s progress over time.
- Interviews with providers to learn about your child’s day-to-day interactions and abilities s/he demonstrates across different settings.
- School visit to observe your child during some of his or her everyday activities.
- Meeting with parents to review results and recommendations that identify what will help your child maximize educational opportunities.
- Summary of review and recommendations will be written such that you and providers will understand the best ways to help your child at school.
School District Program Evaluation
Dr. Cronin has consulted with school districts to evaluate services provided to special education students. This might include a program review of the instructors’ experience, training needs, and suggestions to improve communication between school providers and parents.